Monday, December 22, 2008

one day at the rock the world

             I went to the rock the world gig the other day. Packed with people, I felt really tired as I was quite sick. Drizzling almost the whole way, so, the ground was muddy which means our shoes were not in a good shape. The crowd was mostly malay, but, it was different types of malays all together in one place, it was rather interesting to see people being enthusiastic and energetic towards the local music. Through out the day, we tried to cling ourselves together, but, unfortunately, when everyone was moshing in the middle, my friend fafa's phone and pouch dropped,so,there was no way we could pick it up. Imagine having a stampede, the chance of you getting hurt while taking the thing would almost kill you. Getting molested by people and not knowing which guy did it, but, there was nothing you can do about it. Gig's are suppose to be women friendly,but, I guess everyone has their own perception of things.
              
              While I was still in the mosh struggling, I saw this one good looking guy. He looked at me and asked me why. I shook my head which means nothing, later, he looked at me for the second time and asked me again why. I said a friend lost her phone. He grabbed (hugged) me trying to save me from the hostility and at the same time he was pushing other people so that I would not get hurt. I kept looking at him as though he was jesus, he kept telling me that he's going to save me and since the performance was loud he said " I am going to bring you back further so you wont get hurt" to my ear rather softly but loud enough for me to hear. My heart just stopped and I was taken aback by everything. My friends were no where to be seen, he was searching for my friends too for me. I could tell that he loved the band performing,as he memorized words and singing along and I could also tell that he wanted to join the havoc,but, I was in the way. I did not want to spoil his day, so, after awhile, I told him I had to go because my friends were waiting for me outside. I wish I hadn't left. He was alone, and I did not know he was. I introduced myself and asked him for his name. Name was Abu and I just left. I saw him for the second time to say thank you,but, that was just it. He was nowhere to be seen later. 

        Fafa got her pouch back, after her name was being announced. Her phone was also nowhere to be seen. All and all, I had quite a blast, I know Fafa had a good time even though she lost her phone. We are both getting a job, which is called Synchro Psycho, they wanted girls, so, I think this would be a good stepping stone for us. 

No comments: