Monday, December 8, 2008

My uncle who is stuck and why I love KL

                  
             I would start by telling you that it is 1.50 am. It is eid ul adha today and my uncle still decides to stay at the danger zone in bukit antarabangsa. We gathered at my grandparents house and were discussing about the uncle. My aunt says jokingly that they would end up in papers with headlines "stubborn resident of the landslide". Funny enough after awhile, my cousin called me and told me that my uncle is in the papers,headlines about the same thing. I know this might sound abit daft,but, it says there my uncle is not leaving because of my aunties nine cats. I mean, when your life is at risk, you gotta just leave the cats man. Oh well, I would just have to pray to god nothing would happen,after all they are still family. 

             I wanted to write about Kuala Lumpur for quite sometime,but, I havent the time. All those years of walking through the hustles and bustles of the city, I had alot of things going on in my head. The city as we know is filled with people,which partly is one of the main reason why the place is intriguing to begin with, apart from all the other reasons. I personally have a love hate relationship with the place, I think the fact that it has so many negative atmosphere, I slowly like and love KL at the same time I also hate it. This confused feeling is normal in a person who is bipolar like me.

           The potholes of the road in KL,making the car tyre grip less and less of a function to be an anchor. Maybe the fact that the whole place isnt pedestrian friendly, which makes it unsafe for us to walk as the cars wont give way to people who would want to cross, even if it is the red light. Homeless people walking around with bedraggled shirt, walking around asking for money or just have their own spot as their house. Not to forget the dreadful traffic that goes on everyday around Klang Valley. Unfriendly looking people pushing each other just to chase the public transport, especially when public transports such as busses being overly delayed. Muggers everywhere making people paranoid,clutching their bags tightly. It is no wonder people in KL get really touchy,we've facilities yes,but, we still have a third world mentality. The rules as though it is unattended,police usually take things lightly so does the people such as thieves,teenagers and etc. Which is why I love KL so much and no, I would not like to buy the I heart KL t-shirt. I just think that the place has plenty of sentimental values, the place itself speaks up stories.

               

            
                

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He doesn't want to leave because of the nine cats? Why not take all of them and leave the place? It's dangerous...

bilabambam said...

yeah...thats what we all say