Friday, February 6, 2009

My grandma Fatimah




This picture right here is my grandmother, she has passed away for long,but , I still remember her. Notice how stern she looks. Ofcourse I adore both of my grandmothers,they are both strong and charismatic. No words can say what she did to my family, she has absolute woman power. I just would like to write about her because I need to remind myself that being strong is part of my blood. Her name is Fatimah, I do not know when she was born,because I forgot.She's not pure malay,nyonya is what she is. She is a mother to my father, and she gave birth to seven children. Why I think her character is important to me is because, she is the first wife of four. My late grandfather had four wives and among the other three wives he had 5 to 6 more children.

My grandmother took care of some of the children that was not really hers. She just could not care less about my grandfather and went on with her life. She raised the kids by selling currypuff, mee, etc. When she knew she had little money she went to the pawn shop to sell off her gold accessories for her kids to study. I know this might sound familiar to some of you guys,but, it matters for me now, because while i was wallowing about my ex, I should remember that my grandmother would feel disappointed of me when she sees me cry about a guy. What I heard from my cousins is that my grandmother burnt all of my grandfathers pictures. I have never seen my grandfather before,he passed away even before I was born.

When my eldest sister was still in MRSM,Muar, I remember her telling my sister "bila orang politik datang untuk bagi ceramah,jangan dengar,cakap nak kena pergi tandas,tak tahan" which means "when any of the politician comes , do not listen, tell them that you need to go to the loo, tell them you cant hold it in anymore". She never trusts politicians, she had experience with all of them back when she was one of the head of Putri UMNO.She quit because too much of corruption was coming in, well not as much as now, but, still back than, it was coming in already. I think from now, I would have to remember how her reaction would be like if she sees me being weak. Her eyes would be wide, and her lips would be tucked inside her mouth as it is she looks like a mafia in this picture. She is a fun grandmother, I played congkak with her when I was small, she's very supersticious and conservative,but, she really knows how to spoil her grandchildren.

No comments: