Wednesday, August 12, 2009

a surprise call

A familiar number called me at 1 am yesterday night. I thought it was my housemate, so, I picked it up. I said "haa...fafa..nape". A male voice clearing his throat was heard on the other line. To my surprise, it was my ex. I am not sure why he called me,so I said with a cheerful voice "hey! whatsup?" he said "nothing". He than wanted to know how I was doing, I said I am doing good (ofcourse now I am doing much better than when I was with him). He asked me about my family and the little niece. I told him that everyone is doing great and that my niece is improving alot on her vocabs.

I guess he was happy to hear that we were doing fine,but, for a person that I have not been talking to,he does not sound all that happy,he had a rather depressed tone.He used to talk alot though, maybe he was tired of work. I told him that my sister is going to go take her masters in London and that the niece is tagging along with my brother in law (not sure if he cares that much,but, I told him anyway). I asked him about his life and he kept saying that it was the same, that he is having the same routine everyday and he has been working endlessly. Him being a workaholic, I was not surprised at all. I did not ask him about his relationship about his girlfriend as for my opinion his girlfriend was not important in the conversation. I did somehow asked him why he called and wanted to know if he called to ask for help,but, he said "no, I just felt like calling".

I remember he wanted so much to continue his studies, again, so I asked him. He said that he is not going to study anytime soon,but, maybe he will.

I really hope he would be happy in his life and have alot of earnings from his work as he works hard for it.

No comments: