Thursday, December 20, 2012

recap of 2012



           I just can't believe 2012 is about to end! This post is just for me to recap what I have done which have been a total mind blowing yet quite thrilling with a mixture of melancholic thirst of experiences and self realization towards change. Goodness this year I have surprised myself, I have done things that I can never imagine I have done. I never give myself credit and I would always feel slightly small almost every time and every day,but, not this time. This time, I would like to conclude the year by being  proud of what I have done  through out the year and hope that I would continue on to the perseverance and determination that I have shown myself.

          Why do I feel this sudden feeling of success? Well, for a start, in January up to May, I started working three jobs. Knowing that I needed skills that I know I didn't have much of. Therefore, I applied first as a barista in Starbucks (one which I have worked in when I was 17 years old), because that was the only thing that I know I could familiarize myself with for work. Then, worked as an intern in a media company called Redberry. Which would be my first experience working in a proper office atmosphere. I met loads of really hard working people that I look up to right until now. I observed how they worked and I try to adapt what they have showed me and I hope God willingly that I remember and not forget.

        I knew I needed to know more (you can say that I was eager to learn of anything and everything...yeah, I know this might sound tacky,but, believe me, it is true) so, I started to take up my experience in Artisan Roast. I had a feeling just by talking to the owner that I could really learn while working in there. Indeed, I did! I can never ever forget how passionate every barista is in the store and how both the owners keep educating themselves about coffee. I have never in my life felt so much appreciation and love towards the wonderful creation that God has given us. Which would be coffee and other grown things which includes fruits and vegetables. Most of the people working there, I realized, have so much talent and are able to multitask, I can never forget how hardworking they are. Like in Redberry, people in Artisan Roast, have given me speechless and countless amount of experience (even if it was only for a few short months).

         I than took a dive from media to banking. This would be my first corporate experience, complete with procedures, paperwork and protocol. A world that I have yet to discover and still slightly eerie but, at the same time filled with discoveries that are surprisingly amusing. I started working in the IT department, which I have complete zero knowledge of, but, I did not just sit still, I did bug everyone in the whole department, just to gain certain knowledge. Since, the culture in the bank is unseen and sudden for me, I had to take some trouble to adjust to the environment. I actually still am slightly getting used to it, just that I couldn't care less sometimes.

          I carried on until I had placed myself now to Corporate Communications department. I was glad, because I could finally understand what they were doing and could have ideas (one that which would not be used) but, its ok, someday it will. I still have a long journey ahead and yet I think I have accomplished so much in a short time in this current department. I just hope that no one would sabotage me (God Willing).

image_gallery (621×465)
A book of which was designed by me and launched by the minister of finance with the managing director.

     Throw up if you would like, but, like I said, I don't give myself enough credit as I have been too much of a pessimist. I am now starting with optimism and pride as I need this to move and strive to become a better human, worker, colleague, friend, cousin, sister, granddaughter last but now least which I know I have been terrible in, daughter.

      Concurrently, I have refrain myself from buying and smoking cigarettes, as of which I try to start a healthy lifestyle and I would have to go to the gym so that I wouldn't be too plumped up. I know people tend to eat more when they have stopped smoking, therefore, I go to the gym whenever I could. At this moment and time, all I know is that I should change for the better, I am not getting any younger and I am fully aware that my parents and sisters are not either. Therefore, I should try to be more self reliant as I possibly can. That would be my goal for next year.


No comments: