Thursday, July 29, 2010

disney love

I am not sure what love means or what love is. Love to my parents,grandparents or siblings, that I know,but, to fall in love with someone thats a different type of dramatical set altogether. A few years ago, I thought I was in love but, I was vulnerable,young and stupid. Took me awhile to realize that I was delusional.



From young of age, little girls around the world who are fortunate enough to have or watch tv would watch romantic walt disney cartoon and have heroins like snow white, cinderella, beauty and the beast to plant in their minds to be vulnerable towards men and ones there is love, you would live happily ever after. The reality of it is, love does not last, after afew years of being in a relationship or getting married it would wilt and thats when communication is harder and you would find yourself asking if you did the right thing by marrying the person.

The tragedy of it is about all these characters is that they were made in 50's,60's and 70's and men created all these characters for girls, so they would always be timid and follow the rules of men. Back then, women did not have the rights to work as managers,illustrators, or anything that they desire, they were only allowed to work low ranks such as being a secretary. So, all they could say is "yes" and never to argue with men.

Walt disney heroin characters are all too nice, too soft, all that there is that men want us to be. So, maybe they created the idea of love for us, that love means being in a relationship with someone. I think love is quite of a vague subject.

No comments: